Monday 14 January 2013

Time for a catch up - fancy a cuppa?

Oh hello all...

   It has been a ridiculously long time since I have blogged - sincerest apologies! I guess I sort of forgot I even had this. My last post was July if I am correct? It is now January 2013 -hahahaaaa I doubt many of you would have noticed though. (that I haven't posted I mean!)

I hope you are all doing brilliant in 2013 already. What a year 2012 was. I remember the end of 2011 on New Year's Eve - New Year's being a time where I am usually a bit down and depressed with times moving and changing and what not. I remember the end of 2011 with excitement and anticipation though because I can happily say that 2011 was one of THEE dullest and most depressing years I can remember. Just not a good year. So I was anticipating 2012 and my goodness did it live up to the expectations. Truly a brilliant year.

There were hiccups of course, family and friend tragedies and dramas, but 2012 felt like a year of growing up for me. I passed my driving test, I did my A levels, I got into my first choice university (judging by my last posts - I hadn't told you this yet??) I moved out of my home and into University accommodation and met people who I know will be close friends for 2013, I went on my first "friend-without-family" holiday and spent the most of it drunk and loving every second, and I also got my very first proper job. It's when looking at my past posts that I realise throughout the year of 2011 coming into 2012, I was worried about a lot of these things. I can tell by the way I was writing or what I was saying...

I remember posting the worry about my driving test - but I passed it didn't I?
I remember grumbling constantly about independence and being so frustrated and feeling stuck in my house doing nothing with my life - but I was blessed and lucky enough to get my own car and to finally get a job where I could pop out in my car when ever I pleased, drive myself to work etc.
I remember mentioning frustration about guys (haha - very subtly mentioned might I add!) I remember the specific 'male' who was bothering me at the time, the annoyance I felt and of course the confusion - now I can happily laugh and say that that had no effect on my life today whatsoever. Completely pointless worrying over absolutely nothing. And I don't care about still being single because I am meeting a lot of very fun people and getting to know myself as I do so :)

Basically 2012 was a year of growing, maturing, learning about me and forgetting petty things that seem to have consumed almost months of my brain thought and life, when really they mean absolutely nothing to my future.

I'm focused on exams, on work and on continuously being myself and enjoying the perks of this - I've met so many wonderfully diverse people at university whom I know I would never have met otherwise - it truly is a whole different experience far from school years. Funny, I remember my dad telling me that continuously - to go to uni not only for studying to get a good job, but for the experience. He was definitely right. You just don't get it until you go.... it's free or something. No one judges anyone, people are so much more open to personalities and interests in contrast to school where you had to almost force yourself to fit in with the others...so immature now when I think about it!

2013 will never be able to top 2012 but it can carry on from it. 2012 has set me up to be a fantastic person who will continue throughout 2013. 2013 has been unlucky so far - I won't go into detail, but my luck hasn't been very good! However, I'm positive.

Make your year what you want it to be. Don't dwell on little things that appear so much larger because they probably aren't. You might be sitting in 2014 laughing to yourself about how much you let one little thing consume so much thought the year before. Don't let it, learn to look past things and stay as positive as you can no matter how difficult it may be.

And always be yourself. Throw yourself in the deep end and just do. Don't feel pressured into doing things because of others. Do things in the moment even if you'll dwell on or regret them later. Just tell yourself; "at the time, I said in my head that it felt right. So I did it." You're only human - that's normal.

And good luck, enjoy your year and enjoy life.

I know I will.

Ciao for now, :)


xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment